There are plenty of people who have taken blogging as their full-fledged career and they want to know How to Make Money with a Blog in 2020? , especially the housewives or stay-at-home moms for whom this creative profession is the best way to make money. So, if you too are thinking of setting your foot on this field, you should know that blogging is not a piece of cake.
Today, there are bloggers who are really successful in this business and are making £1 million per year from their blogs, while there are bloggers who are barely making £200 – £400 per year. So, what’s the difference between these two bloggers that one is able to earn so much money and the other is not? Well, the answer is their research on the content and the use of effective marketing strategy.
Now, if you have started your blogging career but struggling to make good, then don’t worry your struggle is about to end. Here, we have provided a brief step by step guide that you can follow in order to monetise your blogs. Let us get started.
Turn your blogging into a money earning source:-
Get readers on your blog site
The first thing that you need to do in order to monetise your blog is by getting a good number of visitors on your blogging site. However, it is difficult to get many audiences in the starting, so make sure to retain your existing readers. For this, you can ask the readers for their email address so that you stay in touch with them and notify them for any updates. This will also help in building the mailing list. Well, this is the main reason why most of the websites ask visitors to sign up with their email address. Having the mailing list allows you to contact your readers from time to time. If you are just about to start your blogging career, then you may need fund to invest. For this, you can go for quick loans.
Start placing ads
Now, after you have managed to gather an audience on the website, it’s time to place ads to earn money. This is one of the most common ways that most bloggers use to make money. Basically, there are two types of ads that you can place on your blogs:
- CPC ads: The cost per click or also known as pay per click ads are just virtual banners which you place on the side of your content. In this ad, the blogger will be paid every time the ad is clicked.
- CPM ads: Also known as cost per 1,000 impressions where you will be paid a fixed amount of money based on the total number of people clicked on the ad. For example, if a publisher is offering €2.00 CPM, so you will be paid €2.00 for every 1000 visitors.
One of the most popular forms of online ads is Google AdSense where you don’t need to directly contact the advertiser. All you have to do is place your banner, Google will find ads most relevant to your content. There are other renowned programs available like Media.net, Infolinks, Chitika and many others which you can go for if AdSense doesn’t work for you.
Start selling private ads
Dealing with advertising networks is not the only option when it comes to selling ads online. If you have managed to get a good amount of traffic on your blog website, then you won’t have to go to the publishers. Advertisers will directly contact you and request to place their ads on your site. As there will be no involvement of the third party, you get the liberty to set your own rates for ads. There are various forms of selling private ads but the most common ones are banners, buttons, and links.
You can even make money with sponsored posts either by writing about or giving a review on any of the advertiser’s products or service. You can decide the mode of getting paid where you can charge a one-time fee for a particular link within a post. Also, if you are hosting any ads on the banners, then you can charge monthly from the advertiser.
This is another way that many bloggers use to monetise their blog. Now, here is a brief understanding of how exactly affiliate marketing works:
- Let say the advertiser has launched a new product which he wants to sell. So when the advertiser requests you for affiliate marketing, this means that you will receive a commission on each sale made if the buyers come from your site.
- After the deal is done, the advertiser will provide you with a link that will be used to track your affiliate code. This way, the advertiser will be informed every time a buyer used that link placed on your content to visit the advertiser’s website to make a purchase.
- At last, you can place the affiliate link on your site either on any of your content or place it directly on the banner ads. So, if any of your readers click on the link and buy the product, you will be getting a certain percentage of what the advertiser will make by selling the product.
Try selling digital products online
If you don’t wish to advertise other people’s products or services, then you should consider the option of selling digital products to earn good money such as eBooks, online course, images, videos or music which people use in their content. You can sell various apps, plugins or themes. However, keep this thing in mind that if you are going to choose any of these products, make sure that it is relevant and useful to the readers as well. There are plenty of bloggers who end up launching a product assuming that it would be useful to the audience but fails to sell the products. Therefore, take your time out and know what your reader needs first and then create a digital product for them.
Wrapping up, these were the easy steps that you can follow in order to make money from your blogging. You can go with other options as well if you think which can help you earn money.